Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gnarle’s Barkley “The Odd Couple”

The sophomore Gnarles’s Barkley album “The Odd Couple” was released on March 25th. After listening to the couple of songs, I decided it wasn’t as interesting as their debut album. Fast forward to November 11th, the single “Who’s Gonna Save My Soul” video came out and I’ve changed my mind. “Who’s going to save my soul”, directed by Chris Milk is actually a remarkable piece of art. I so love it. Cee-Lo Green’s voice is so uniquely distinctive that there is no denying its greatness. The producer, Danger Mouse is like the acid house version of Kenye West. The collaboration between multi-instrumentalist producer Danger Mouse and Cee-Lo Green’s vulnerable vocals and clever lyrics is a match made in heaven’s eclecticism. Check out the video below:

No comments: