Saturday, March 29, 2008

Whopper Bars could be the Starbucks of Burgers

Burger King has re-invented itself, with the Whopper Bars. Oh Dear, what is this world coming too? This presents a really serious problem for me, because I already should attend cheeseburgers anonymous. This will only further feed my addiction to cheeseburgers. For years, I have tried to kick the habit, but keep relapsing. There are 36 addictive carcinogenics in beef, I am almost positive that must be the reason I keep going back to cheeseburgers. I am now on a diet. After a year of being cheeseburger free, as a result of stress, six months ago I begrudgingly but eagerly picked up a double cheeseburger at McDonalds. Hence, 20+ lbs later, those burgers are still calling my name. Therefore, I am trying to reduce my intake, detox and exercise. Frankly, it’s incredibly frustrating. The BK is changing its décor and adding a new experience. If I’m walking through the airport I may not be able to resist the Whopper Bar. Thankfully, they won’t be in malls or open urban venues like a Cosi’s where one could pop in to check email and pick up a burger, because I would be doomed.

The Wallstreet Journal announced Burger King Holdings Inc. plans to start building a new version of its restaurants this year called the Whopper Bar that will sell a wider variety of its signature hamburger in a hipper setting. See Wallstreet Journal for complete article.

No comments: