Thursday, November 29, 2007

James Blunt - 1973 (live at Later...)

Michael Slezark, from “Snap Judgment”, wrote a scathing review of James Blunt’s ‘1973’ single which was hilarious. He wrote: Granted, there's a strong chance I'm still suffering from a case of post-"You're Beautiful" Stress Disorder (PYBSD), but hearing Blunt's slippery mewl on this mid-tempo track makes me want to snap my ears off.

It appears Michael may not be suffering from PYBSD, but WMHD (Whining Male Hater Disorder). It’s baffling how some men can turn a blind eye to misogyny but have a whining fit when other men express their sensitive adoration towards a woman. Sure, there is no problem with a man crush submissive towards an athlete, but the adoration or frustration due to a woman is their Achilles heel. Seems to me, Michael was channeling Vincent Van gogh, and James Blunt is his Rachel/Paul Guaguin. Never the less, it’s beautiful music to my ears, even if Michael might be deaf. James Blunt’s Ode’s to his loves are like icing on the cake, which makes me salivate. Keep it coming and coming and coming James.

James Blunt

4STARS

No comments: