Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Naked Protest in Canada

Skinny Girl entrepreneur, Bethanny Frankly brought the Naked Protest movement to my attention in her twitter pics. Bethanny Frankel tweeted on 6/18/11 at Vancourver's 2011 naked Bike Ride. She said; "I think I just peed my pants. WHY is there a naked bike ride in vancouver?" Too Funny! Absolutely classic pick. Very Fire Island on the fourth of July.

Talk about making a statement. There are those who believe that removing their clothes brings attention to an issue. Well, it definately got my attention. But is this really a protest? It seems more like a statement than a protest.

Photograph by: Jenelle Schneider, Vancouver Sun

In 2009 hundreds of Vancouverites stripped down to the buff in a protest against oil dependency and car culture as they headed around the seawall from Sunset beach on their downtown Vancouver tour. Now that was an effective protest....I think it made a clear statement.

After reading about the Naked Protests, I learned it has become trending. It appears for some it may not be a protest at all. Could you imagine the Tea Party protesters butt naked screaming about taxes and healthcare. Now that would be a powerful statement. lol...

Read more about Vancouver's Canda's Naked Protests: Vancourversun.com

No comments: